Babies are adorable. They smile, they cry, they keep you up at night. According to one biblical psalm, Children are a gift
from the Lord, and they rightfully are. But because they are so young, words cannot be used to tell them how much we
love them. However, the good thing is that love can be communicated in different ways. Here are some proven ways to
show your baby how much you truly love them:
1. Look your baby in the eye – Babies first communicate with their eyes. Even if their eyesight is not that great,
looking at them and establishing eye contact lets them feel secure and loved. That is why it’s important to catch
their gaze every time they look at you.
2. Put the phone away – One major life stealer is our phones. They steal away time that should be spent with
what matters most. Babies can already feel if you are just there but not engaging them when you spend time
looking at your phone instead of talking and focusing on them. Take time off your gadgets and help your baby
understand that she is the most important thing in the world for you.
3. Cuddle your baby – There is no such thing as over cuddling. Babies need to be cuddled as much as possible
because even if they are months old, they are still adjusting to the new world. Cuddling them will enhance their
sense of security and will phenomenally help their self-esteem not only during their childhood years, but on the
years to come.
4. Respond to your baby’s cries – Crying spells are baby’s way of telling you that something is wrong. They can
usually be one of three things: They are hungry, they feel pain, or they are stressed. One wrong superstition that
is being passed down is that you just let them cry because it is an exercise for them. Babies, when left
unattended to when crying may develop future insecurities in their later life. When they are not attended to, they
lose their sense of safety and can end up having trust issues as they grow older.
5. Go nude – occasional skin to skin time with your baby especially in the early months can help regulate their
heart rate and breathing.
6. Massage – there are a lot of benefits in giving babies a massage. Some of them includes enhancing the immune
system and intellectual development. That is why regular massage time with your little one can be very special.
For more fun and relaxing massage time, use Oleia Topical Oil to massage your baby. Oleia is non-irritant and is
made up of all-natural elements that is guaranteed to make you and your baby feel safe when using it.
Investing in loving on your baby now can reap fruits of many blessings later in life. You don’t have to wait till they are
teenagers to express all the love you have for them. Start today!
About The Author
Cathy spends part of her days wondering how to combine her 2 loves, writing and photography. The rest of her time she spends taking care of her two babies. Sheena, a Labrador retriever & Amanda, a Siberian husky. She’s been an OLEIA user since May.